Wednesday, October 19, 2005

i want the world. i want the whole world...


...i want to wrap it all up in my pocket it's my bar of chocolate. give it to me NOW!

what's with people's sense of entitlement? part of my wholesaling job is answering inbound calls in addition to selling my financial services products to my assigned territory. these inbound calls are supposed to be related to asset allocation, diversification of portfolios, tactical allocation changes and so forth. the people who call in are somewhat, at least marginally sophisticated retail brokers. every day i am amazed at the audacity of these brokers who are quick to demand that i audit their client's performance, make ridiculous exceptions, speak to their clients, etc. many times i am more than willing to show off my sales prowess but a lot of these guys think that i'm going to pull strings and jump through hoops for them. uh...hell no. as the broker, you take on responsibility to MANAGE YOUR CLIENTS' EXPECTATIONS AND BEHAVIORS. my firm just does the money management part. if you can't control your client then you should not be a broker (i've said as much in so many words as of late and gotten my head chewed off). eat or be eaten. you can't scapegoat your clients' issues on me. what makes people think that i should manage their $50k mutual fund account when i have clients to service that have $70mm with our firm? you don't deserve to get paid, i will be taking your commission this quarter. strap on a set, bitches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my wild oat market site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.