Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Some folks like to get away, take a holiday from the neighborhood


Hop a flight to miami beach or hollywood.
I'm taking a greyhound [or fung wah] on the hudson river line
I'm in a new york state of mind.

I seen all the movie stars in their fancy cars and their limousines,
Been high in the rockies under the evergreens,
But I know what Im needing and I dont want to waste more time-
I'm in a new york state of mind.

It was so easy living day by day
Out of touch with the rhythm and the blues,
But now I need a little give and take,
The new york times, the daily news...

It comes down to reality-and its fine with me cause Ive let it slide,
Dont care if its chinatown or riverside,
I dont have any reasons, Ive left them all behind-
I'm in a new york state of mind

-The Piano Man


Essie and I went to New York for my birthday/Memorial Day weekend. I've written odes to New York before but this was an exceptional weekend. Instead of recounting every detail, I'm going to vomit links at you, and recommend you attempt to see every one of these places if you take a trip to the greatest city in the world:




















Follow my advice and you will live a happier life.

1 comment:

Martini Anne said...

When I was first scrolling down the list of things to do, I thought it said, "I licked Essie's ass at Connect Four." I thought Connect Four was a gay orgy bar.