Friday, September 22, 2006

cruel and unusual punishment


i am addicted to chapstick. i have chapsticks scattered in various locations all over my house. i have at least 3 packed in my suitcase for business trips to potentially arid locations. there is a chapstick in every jacket i own. there is a chapstick in the console, trunk, and glove compartment of my car. give me moist lips or give me death. my body needs it like it needs water. the stupid government has banned carrying chapstick on planes because it's kinda, sorta like a "liquid". this is an extremely difficult rule to abide by when you travel every week for work and you're addicted to lip-balm. yesterday i flew from dallas to boston with a 2 hour layover in chicago, which means i was in an airport/airplane for approximately 8 hours of my day. do you understand what kind of trauma my lips were enduring? 5 minutes before boarding my flight from chicago to boston, i ran to the closest drug kiosk and bought a 3-pack. i ripped open the packaging like a junkie and smeared the sweet, greasy substance all over my mouth area. god, it was better than sex. it was like i'd been walking through the sahara for days and finally stumbled upon an oasis. it was like i had been at barney's after christmas sale all day without my credit cards and found $1,000 cash in a marc jacobs loafer. nobody caught me. nobody frisked me looking for "gel-like" substances, so i'm just going to keep a chapstick handy until they figure out my rouse. if i have to travel with dry lips, then the terrorists have truly won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet. now i know what to get you for christmas.